In my previous video about Buy In I shared with you an experience I had, where I was trying to get Buy In from my stakeholders, but I was getting nowhere.
People couldn’t connect to the solution I was presenting to them.
Then I used 4 specific techniques to bring back my audience and effectively get Buy In of my solution idea. In this video, we will cover more in details Technique Nr2. Which is “How to get Buy In by reiterating the problem and explaining how you came up with the solution”.
So the 4 techniques I briefly covered in my first video are:
- Use Stories and Real life example to introduce your solutions ideas.
- Reiterate the problem and how you came up with the solution.
- Know your audience and relate your solution to what they care.
- Let your audience co-create the solution with you.
Why it’s important to reiterate the problem.
- Make sure everyone has the same understanding of the problem. By reiterating the problem, you want to make sure everyone in the room has the same understanding of the problem. Are there important details about the problem that you are not aware of?
- People forgot what is the problem. Remind your audience about the problem. It’s not rare that stakeholders simply forget what is the real problem that you are trying to solve.